A very special “Thank You” all of your for asking such awesome questions! You can submit yours here.
Your question, answered: How do I craft and communicate a compelling vision?
First, what a great question—the three C’s make it even more fun!
It never fails to amaze me how quickly leaders (people, in general) give up on discovering their vision.
Interestingly, they don’t give up on the desire to have highly motivated, engaged, passionate, and positive employees, but they do give up on one of the most critical elements of attracting (and keeping) these same people: Vision.
I go into great detail on this topic in my forth-coming book: Provoking Greatness: Unleashing Hidden Potential – in fact, an entire section is dedicated to this one question.
That said, through this blog cast, I reveal the top 7 steps to uncovering your vision, for your career or your team.
- Notice what irritates you, pisses you off, or inspires you greatly.
- Think change – what needs to change.
- Expose yourself to passionate people – Mali and videos – tea with Mali
- Specific, measurable, and activating (inspiring)
- Involve your team in creating the right language
- Share your passion – blogs, texts, emails, videos.