Kate Erickson is a creator, engager and implementer over at EntrepreneurOnFire, a 7-day a week podcast that interviews today’s most inspiring and successful entrepreneurs. She is also the host of Kate’s Take: The EntrepreneurOnFire Audio Blog and author of The Fire Path: A Beginner’s Guide to Growing Your Online Business.
She was fun to interview – enjoy!
Having been both a frustrated employee and now a thriving entrepreneur, Kate sheds a light on what it takes to thrive regardless of where you find yourself.
Through the interview, Kate shares her top 3 strategies to success as an entrepreneur: morning routine, focus on what’s in front of you, and making health a priority.
When I asked about her strategies to discovering your passion, she shared her own inspiring story, and together we came up with these two steps as a starting point:
- Exposure – that is, expose yourself to opportunities that interest you and people with passion. Listen to what people are sharing, and notice when you feel inspired.
- Study yourself – at the end of every day, pull out a journal and write –
- My Qualities: (then list 3 good qualities you demonstrated in that day. Example: I’m a good listener.)
- Gratitude: (then list 3 things you’re grateful for – that happened in that day. Example: I have 3 super-loving cats that I adore.)
- Learning: (then write about one new idea/thing you learned about in that day. Example: Most people walk around with 10 pints on blood in their body.)
At the end of your first week of journaling, go back and read your first entry. This is a powerful way to learn what you think you’re good at, all you have to be grateful for, and specific areas that clearly need shifting based on the results you see through your journaling.
Kate’s book, The Fire Path, is available on Kindle – check it out!
Here’s to YOUR greatness!