The coronavirus has many of us working from home. There are many challenges that can arise from that alone. Here are five keys to successfully working from home:
- Good humor. If you find something funny, especially something you do, share it.
- Good boundaries/Honest and clear communication. Communicate your needs, both to your family and your team.
- Comfortable work set up. Use your resources that are all around you to make sure that your office space is as comfortable as you can make it. There’s enough discomfort going on in the world, do what you can to make your space comfortable.
- Get outside/move. Go for short walks in between meetings outside. When you can, take some meetings from your phone as you walk. Get outside your house.
- Start back at number one 🙂 Ellen DeGeneres‘s Instagram and other social media are hysterical! Find some humor, and share it with your team and your family.
Bonus: give your team (at home and at work) clear Focus. Decide what’s most important, make your plans, and then be adjustable and they don’t work exactly the way you intended.
Most of all, be gentle with yourself and everyone around you… We are all challenged in a variety of ways, some of them we see and some of them we don’t see immediately.
Remember, what you put in is what you’ll get out. The information you put into your mind will come out in a variety of ways… Limit your news intake significantly right now. What you need to know will make its way to you. do everything you can to Keep yourself in a positive space.
Here’s to your greatness,
I solve people problems. For nearly 20 years I have worked with leaders who love their job, and want a more engaged and productive workforce. For my great inspiration, sign up for my daily message at www.MistiBurmeister.com, or follow me on social media.