Your success in working in a virtual environment hinges on your ability to come across favorably in a virtual environment.
In the video, I describe two service providers who ultimately lost my business because of how they came across in video yesterday. Their mannerisms, along with the stories they told were alarming and uncomfortable for me.
Don’t make that same mistake.
The following are 5 practical steps you can take every day to ensure you have good energy while working in a virtual environment:
- Check in with yourself before getting on video. How are you feeling? If your energy is low or your heart rate is anxious, reschedule the meeting, and then go take care of yourself.
- Limit news consumption to 10 minutes a day. Important news will always find its way to you. If you need to know it, trust that you will know when you need to know.
- Set strong boundaries. Avoid calls with negative, drama-filled, people.
- Put positive ideas, words, stories, and music into your ears.
- Schedule time for exercise, fun, and relaxing.
Succeeding in a virtual environment, especially during a pandemic, commands a whole new level of self-awareness and self-care. Take these 5 steps every day.
If you found this video to be helpful, please share it. Also, if you have additional ideas for succeeding in a virtual work environment, leave me a note below.
Here’s to your greatness,
For nearly two decades, Misti Burmeister has empowered leaders with the confidence and tools to solve people problems, increasing productivity and engagement across generations. She is a best-selling author, TEDx Speaker, award-winning entrepreneur, and community advocate.